LIVE/WORK ART STUDIOS | LOFTS | GALLERIES
STUDIOS NEW MEXICO
Live/Work Studios plus Gallery/Showroom Space
Large Live/Work Loft or Studio w/Retail Gallery
125 Bridge Street, Historic Old Town, Las Vegas, New Mexico
3,000 sq ft + upstairs mezzanine space (3,475 sq ft combined) + back
deck + 4-car off-street parking, 14 ft. ceilings + 3,000 sq ft unfinished basement, for
(This building is currently leased and is for sale as an income property.)
Why have so many major artists either relocated their studios to New
Mexico or established a second studio here?
Is it the clear skies with millions of stars, spectacular landscapes,
interwoven layers of history, an arts-friendly environment, affordable studio
space, or... all of the above?
Live/Work Loft / Artist Studio with Highly Desirable Retail Gallery
Purchase or lease as your personal live/work space, or purchase as a
desirable income property. (Price to Rent ratio of 13.)
This property has been used as a retail shop, gallery, live/work artist studio
and also the location construction shop for the CBS television pilot for Vegas,
the real-life story of Sheriff Ralph Lamb, starring Michael Chiklis and Dennis Quaid.
Bridge Street itself was featured prominently in the movie Easy Rider.
It is currently being used as dance studio.
This could be an excellent income property for you, or may be a future live/work studio
and gallery / showroom space..
- Historic stone mercantile building (Chapman Hall, circa 1860) is the
oldest structure on Bridge Street
- Listed on the National Registry of Historic Places
- Recently renovated: new plumbing and electrical
- 14-foot ceilings
- Huge open floorplan: 3,000 sq. ft. of light filled space
- Living space in back includes private bedroom with 500 sf upstairs
- Partially exposed historic plaster and stone interior walls
- Original historic interior columns and light fixtures
- Private deck and loading dock behind building
- Off-street parking for two vehicles behind building... or could be
fenced for private courtyard
- Extensive storage space (walk-in closet w/above closet storage)
- Separate enclosed home office area
- Sliding "barn door" separates public and private areas
- Easy access double-doors front and back
- Thermostat-controlled gas furnace with floor vents (installed new in
- Washer and Dryer hookups
- Kitchen includes dishwasher
- High dual-pane opening transom windows in back of building for
- Walk-in closet
- ADA-compliant bathroom + separate private shower room
- Outdoor 220v line for Kilns or MIG welder (shop equipment not
- Includes 3,000 sq. ft. unfinished dirt floor basement with 8' ceiling
height. Pour a concrete floor and use for storage, recording studio,
digital media lab, or a huge wine cellar!
- Highly desirable retail gallery/storefront presence on historic Bridge
- Adjacent to New Mexico Highlands University and Old Town Plaza
- Only 50 minutes from Santa Fe
Located 45 minutes east of Santa Fe, the original and historic Las
Vegas, New Mexico, is a gritty wild west town, home to many feature film shoots
including No Country for Old Men, Easy Rider and Simon Pegg's
sci-fi comedy, Paul. Along with Dodge City, Deadwood and Tombstone, Las
Vegas is considered one of the four most notorious wild-west towns in American
History. According to some historians, this one time New Mexico state capital
was the "wildest of the wild west". Doc Holliday owned a saloon and barbershop
here. Unilke the other outlaw towns, Las Vegas has not been turned into a theme
Within walking distance: cafes, shops, restaurants, galleries, bars, New
York Pizza, Plaza Hotel, Tome on the Range, (an excellent bookstore), historic
society, movie theater, NMHU library, Carnegie Library, (both libraries serve
the public), art supply store, organic food store and banks.
Nearby: wildlife refuge / bird sanctuary, historic un-restored Harvey
House hotel, beautifully restored Amtrak station, (terminating in Chicago to
the east and Los Angeles to the west), multiple hardware stores, gorgeous
nearby highways for motorcycle / sports car / family road trips, golfing,
skiing, (Taos, Sipapu, Angel Fire), boating and fishing (at nearby recreational
lakes), hiking, biking and horseback riding trails.
Las Vegas offers: three colleges, (New Mexico Highlands Univerisity, United World College, Luna Community
College), high-speed Internet (at renters expense), clean air, sunny blue skies (even in winter), easy highway
access (to I-25), and the annual Rough Rider motorcycle rally, summer/fall historic home tours, and the annual
Historic Las Vegas Studio Tour.
Las Vegas attracts international historic and cultural tourism with its overlapping Native American, Hispanic,
Santa Fe Trail, Santa Fe Railroad, Victorian Neighborhoods and Wild West history. It's colleges and local
organizations provide a myriad of cultural events year-round including film screenings, lectures and educational
talks, live music, literary readings, live theater and dance.
Las Vegas is a burgeoning arts community 45 minutes east of Santa Fe on
I-25. It's downtown was named one of two pilot Arts & Cultural Districts by
the State of New Mexico. Property owners are artists/educators/gallerists.
To purchase this property, contact:
Roy Montibon at:
505. 425. 9074
A second smaller adjacent unit (2,062 sf) is also available.